Terrible disadvantages of working at night shifts
Harmful effects of working at night shift
As the population grows, so does the number of people in the family, and those responsible for earning have to work harder to earn. The result is sometimes seen working in two shifts. Night shifts are less common in small towns but are commonplace in larger cities.
Increase the risk of diabetes and obesity
According to a recent study, people who work night shifts are at higher risk of developing diabetes and obesity due to irregular sleep patterns. According to the results of the study, when there is a change in normal sleep times, it means that the body has to struggle to control the level of sugar and many of the people involved in this study have diabetes within a few weeks.
Working night shifts can also cause other health problems. People who work night shifts are more likely to suffer from other diseases, including obesity, stress, and depression.
Increase the risk of cancer.
Meanwhile, a study by Chinese experts has found that these working women, who work long hours at night, have an increased risk of developing cancer.
Nurses and lady doctors, who are on duty at night for several consecutive months, are at greater risk than women. Night shifts account for 19% of the total number of women working during the day. The chances of getting cancer are high.
Our body naturally continues to break down DNA, but it also has a natural system for repairing it, and as soon as DNA is repaired, an excess of 8-OH-dG begins to be excreted in the urine. Is done. Low levels of DNA indicate that DNA may not be accurate. If this process continues, it can increase the risk of obesity, diabetes, and heart disease, as well as cancer.
People who work at different times, especially night shifts, are affected by this natural system of DNA repair, which can lead to many of the diseases mentioned above. Experts believe that DNA is affected. It can lead to many diseases, including cancer. In addition, working night shifts also lowers the body hormone melatonin, which plays an important role in maintaining the body’s internal clock. According to research, when employees start getting a good night’s sleep, their 8-OH-dG rate is restored.
Increase the Risk of Cancer
Another disadvantage of working at night shifts can increase the risk of certain types of cancer, according to one study. It can increase the risk of ovarian cancer and breast cancer. According to one study, it can lead to digestive diseases such as peptic ulcer and permanent. The chances of indigestion are high. Working night shifts increases the risk of developing existing diseases such as diabetes and mental illness.
Other disadvantages of working at night
Here are some other disadvantages of working at night:
- Problems with working night shifts
- Sleep deprivation
- Risk of diabetes
- Risk of weight gain and obesity
- Risk of breast and ovarian cancer
- Negative effects on metabolism and the immune system
- Risk of heart disease
- Possibility of injury at work (in case of industrial worker)
- Neurological stress and the possibility of neurological diseases
People who work night shifts usually face two kinds of problems, one is that your body is not accustomed to working at night, and the other is that they do not try to complete their sleep. When your body does not get the amount of sleep it needs, it can lead to a variety of problems. Short sleep can have a negative effect on your metabolism and the body’s immune system.
The negative effects of working night shifts are now being felt more strongly. Employers should ensure that a worker is made to work only one shift of 8 hours in 24 hours so that he can rest. Get the full opportunity and be able to come on duty and show your best. A tired and exhausted worker not only causes loss of resources of the organization but also delays in achieving the production targets which ultimately leads to loss. Sensible employers keep their workers’ work schedules in mind so that they are refreshed and active when they come to work.
How to reduce the negative effects of working at night?
· Do not work in multiple shifts at once. Set aside time for leisure and relaxation. Make sure you get as much sleep as possible, especially before your night shift.
· Put heavy curtains on the bedroom windows so that your room is dark, rest in the dark is essential for sleep. If possible, use an eye mask.
· Turn off your cell phone. Shift the home phone to another room or turn off the bell.
· Meet people in your spare time and enjoy your social life to the fullest. Having a good time with the family keeps a person mentally refreshed and happy.
· Maintain your exercise and healthy eating routine despite working night shifts.
· Think of positive things instead of negative things, for example, that you are being paid for this work, and that you are better than those people. Work can be done in a day which is not able to do many tasks due to being stuck in a job of nine to five and spend one end of it in